The Gloucester Allotment Garden Association is a volunteer organization that manages the use of two garden locations near Blackburn Hamlet:
|Orient Park site accessed via Orient Park Drive||Anderson site accessed via Weir Road at roundabout intersection of Anderson and Renaud|
|The Orient Park gardens are situated in Blackburn Hamlet beside the Innes Road Bypass. It contains 317 garden plots spread across three football field areas each connected to municipal water. This means hoses and sprinklers may be used and crops with high water needs may be grown.||The Anderson site is more remote and better suited to gardeners interested in a natural setting. The gardens are gated and fenced in to prevent wildlife theft. There are 70 plots. The soil is sandy. The gardens are not connected to the municipal water supply. Water must be trucked in at a cost to the Association. Due to the need to conserve water, hoses and sprinklers may not be used. Gardens must be watered with watering cans. The combination of sandy soil and limited water makes Anderson suitable only for drought tolerant, deeply rooted, and locally adapted crops. Crops with high water needs should not be grown at Anderson.|
|Orient Park site plot map||Anderson site plot map|
|Orient Park Membership Application||Anderson Membership Application|
To register for a garden plot please take the following steps:
- Existing members can register for their plots in advance of the Registration meeting; and existing members MUST register by March 31st or risk losing their plots.
- New members must ensure that their name is on the waiting list by sending us an email, and make every effort to attend the Registration meeting.
- Fill in the membership application fully.
- Print and sign that you have read and understand the Rules and Information on the bottom of page 1 of the Application Form
- Mail the completed Application form to the Registrar:
- GAGA Registrar
2464 Autumn Hill Crescent
Ottawa, ON K1B 4M5
- GAGA Registrar
Or come to the registration meeting with your completed application form and receive a $5 discount on your plot.
A further discount of $10 is available to members who assisted the Association the previous year.