The Gloucester Allotment Garden Association GAGA is seeking a volunteer to fill the post of water maintenance at our Orient Park garden. The post involves:
- communicating with the City of Ottawa to turn on the water in the spring and turning it off in the fall
- coordinating with the city to have all water blown out the lines in the fall so they do not freeze
- installing all 45 taps in the spring and removing them in the fall. Typically a half days work each time.
- replacing worn and cracked rubber washers on all 45 taps in the winter to prevent leakage the following season. There will be a few every season.
- fix or replace leaking or broken taps and pipes due to wear or contact with cars or vandalism
- be available on short notice for emergency repairs
The position entails 30 hours of volunteer work over the course of the gardening season and would be ideal for someone handy and lives on Orient Park close to the gardens. A car is recommended to transport tools and parts. A training session with our current maintenance lead will be provided.
Interested in helping your garden association? Please contact Brian Linesman at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information by Friday May 15.