Try not to grow these families of vegetables in the same location
for at least three years.
The detrimental effects of some fungi, bacteria and insects that reside
in the soil and attack certain families of plants may be minimized.
These Vegetable Families:
- Brassicas (cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, brussels sprouts, turnips,
- Solanaceous plants (tomato, pepper, eggplant, potatoes)
- Roots (carrots, beets, parsnips)
- Greens (lettuce, endive, spinach)
- Legumes (beans, peas)
- Cucurbits (cucumbers, melons, squashes)
- Others (corn, sweet potatoes, herbs, etc